The Visualization in Transportation Committee will hold its mid-year meeting on July 28. Please see below for the exciting agenda!
Click here to register.
- Industry perspective: Noah Iliinsky, Sr. UX Architect at Amazon Web Services.
- Academia perspective: Dr. Niklas Elmqvist, Professor, University of Maryland Human Computer interaction Laboratory.
- Public sector perspective: Phil Bell, Chief Data Coordinator, New York State Department of Transportation
- Moderator Wrap-up & Call to Action. Michael Pack, CATT Lab Director
Subcommittee Breakout on Action Plan Implementation
Report Back on Action Plan Implementation
- Jennifer Stark, Computational Journalist, Human Computer Interaction Laboratory @ UMD
- Visual Travel Time Comparisons of Limited Access Roads, Charles Lattimer, Atkins global
- Participatory Simulation as a tool to encourage Public Participation in Project Development, Mark Yedlin, GPI
- Florida's Performance Measures, Frank Broen, Teach America
- Visualizing & Comparing National Level MAP-21 Performance Measures, Michael Pack, UMD CATT Lab
- Visually Communicating D.C. Multimodal Congestion Measures to the Public, Michael VanDaniker, UMD CATT Lab
- Improving Performance using visualization of operational data. FAA
- Reading New with Maps by Exploiting Spatial Synonyms, Dr. Hanan Samet
- Rapid and Flexible Visual Exploration for Transportation Data using Keshif, M. Adil Yalçın, Ph.D. Candidate, UMD HCIL
- National Transit Map, Edward Strocko, Bureau of Transportation Statistics
- More Lighting Talks TBD
Lunch (on your own)
Subcommittee Meetings in breakout rooms
- The New ABCs of Research: Developing Advanced Visualization, Dr. Ben Shniederman